Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JHaider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
We have four AirPort Expresses running FW 7.8.1 that we use exclusively as streaming audio devices. While they had no issues in our previous home (AmpliFi HD mesh system) they are crashing the network in our current home (Xfinity XFi modem/router) when hard-wired over ethernet. They work fine over wireless, but I like to have all of my A/V stuff hard wired. I discovered it was the APE's after unplugging everything from the main switch and one by one plugging things back in. The "signal chain" is XFi modem/router -> Netgear 24 port unmanaged switch -> outputs to APEs and cables leading to other rooms in the house. All of the APE's are directly connected to the switch.

One distinction I can think of is that the previous network was IPv4 and the new one is IPv6. Are my IPv6 settings wrong somehow? I have the APE's set to join a network, and the IPv6 settings are as follows:
Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 3.53.45 PM.png

I also tried "Local link only" and that did not solve the issue.

Is there anything else I should try to get the APE's to work hard-wired with this router without taking down the internet connection?

danskoya

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2021
Tried de-selecting "Eable IPv6 Connection Sharing"?
Are the APEs assigned static IP addresses (based on their Ethernet MAC addresses) by the main router?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.