Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
With the release of this very beautiful product I find myself wanting and almost convincing myself that I need one. However the price for the latest Mac Mini is very much "Out there" IMHO. Especially if you plan to have the upgrades such as 4Mb Ram / 500 MB HD / 2.6ghz Processor.

So after realizing the price in Europe of this item will need more than a few tubs of Anal Ease lubrication, I have started to look at the US store and maybe have a friend ship one over to me.

The question is, however.
Do the US Mac Mini models have a different internal power supply to the regular 240volts of Europe?

/Cheers

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
that's good news.... i think the old models were 110v only with the external power adaptor? i think... in japan they were 110v only.

Really? That seems a bit incongruous, considering every other Apple product is shipped with the necessary power accessories to handle almost any international voltage/frequency you'll find... but I suppose it's possible and the older ones might have indeed shipped with regional power supplies.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
Do you think by any chance there is an internal switch to specify the voltage for 240? or is this automatic?

ADent

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
The old brick was labeled 120 when sold in the US and 120/240 when shipped overseas. Reports are it was the same brick, and in fact worked at 220. But it wasn't labeled for such and I guess could cause problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.