Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
I wonder if the new 4TB iCloud plan will let users surpass the 8 camera limit in HomeKit.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I wonder if the new 4TB iCloud plan will let users surpass the 8 camera limit in HomeKit.

I don’t know, but I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do with my new 2TB plan!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
And you’re able to get HomeKit secure video on all of them with iCloud recordings?

Not talking about just HomeKit streaming which doesn’t have a limit to the amount of cameras. I mean HomeKit Secure Video which is different.

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
And you’re able to get HomeKit secure video on all of them with iCloud recordings?

Not talking about just HomeKit streaming which doesn’t have a limit to the amount of cameras. I mean HomeKit Secure Video which is different.
I’ve gone back to confirm. I was able to add the 9th camera to HomeKit, but only 5 cameras allow the stream and record function of HKSV. The other 4 cameras are live only.
I really don’t use HKSV because I prefer the Eufy app, but having all the cameras visible in the Home app makes it more useful when viewing them on the AppleTV.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I’ve gone back to confirm. I was able to add the 9th camera to HomeKit, but only 5 cameras allow the stream and record function of HKSV. The other 4 cameras are live only.
I really don’t use HKSV because I prefer the Eufy app, but having all the cameras visible in the Home app makes it more useful when viewing them on the AppleTV.
Ah yes ok. That makes sense now. The 2TB plan allows only 5 in HSV. Now will the 4TB plan allow for 10? Most likely not. I believe the limitation has to do with the Home Hub processing the recordings. As far as just viewing live streams in HomeKit... I don’t believe there’s a limit to that.

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
I do not use HKSV camera's so this is not an issue for me, however reading this thread it would be good if Apple would allow you to choose which Home Hub can accept HKSV camera's as a permanent setting for that Home Hub....I mean, I have 4 x HomePods and 1 x 4k ATV that are all serving as possible Home Hubs. So why not have a setting somewhere that the user chooses which of the possible Home Hubs is connected to the HKSV camera's so that each Home Hub can potentially be maxed out with 5 camera's connected to them?

Hope I made that understandable???? Makes sense in my head anyway. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.