Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Is there any way to do away with the "slide" to answer the phone. When my fingers are cold it will not slide. I have to blow on my finger or way until it warms up. By then I miss the call :(
It was better with the "just push the button" thing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What push the button thing? It was always slide to answer when the phone is locked.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
well the old man has a bad memory, yes you slide to start the phone. But when the phone is on and someone calls you I think I can remember just pushing the answer button instead of having to slide across the screen to answer the phone.

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
It has always been that way so yes, op has bad memory about iOS 6 and earlier. Why not try touch-optimized gloves?

Got a pair. Unmitigated piece of doo doo. IF you can touch the screen at the proper finger angle on the proper spot on the display you MIGHT get an accurate response. I end up pulling them off to use the phone.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
The iPhone does not work for Vampires. I think this is blatant discrimination by Apple. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.