Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smapshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2022
I recently got my new Airpods Pro 2, but they wouldn't appear on find my App for me to track them. Also, very weirdly, under the devices in the apple support app which I saw as I was trying to reach out to support- they are labelled as B698 even though they are named differently under the Bluetooth section; I reached out to Apple support, and they have no answers, I spent about an hour on the call with them trying to troubleshoot, and they were unable to find to what's causing this behaviour! So, at the moment- I can't track my expensive new AirPods Pro 2! It's just bizarre!

tyh316

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
I recently got my new Airpods Pro 2, but they wouldn't appear on find my App for me to track them. Also, very weirdly, under the devices in the apple support app which I saw as I was trying to reach out to support- they are labelled as B698 even though they are named differently under the Bluetooth section; I reached out to Apple support, and they have no answers, I spent about an hour on the call with them trying to troubleshoot, and they were unable to find to what's causing this behaviour! So, at the moment- I can't track my expensive new AirPods Pro 2! It's just bizarre!
Hi, I’m experiencing the exact same issue. I bought mine from a reseller on FB marketplace, and it’s just as you described, labeled B698 and cannot be tracked on Find My app. Where did you get yours from? I’m starting to wonder if mine is a noise-cancelling counterfeit.

Smapshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2022
Hi, I’m experiencing the exact same issue. I bought mine from a reseller on FB marketplace, and it’s just as you described, labeled B698 and cannot be tracked on Find My app. Where did you get yours from? I’m starting to wonder if mine is a noise-cancelling counterfeit.
Hey! I was able to resolve this now; I disabled "find my" on my iPhone under apple id settings and re-enabled it which solved the trouble. It's reflecting the right name and responding fine on the app! You may want to try and let us know how it went! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.