Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
MN
I picked up a pair of AirPod pro 2 yesterday to replace my original AirPods. The sound is amazing on these!

My issue is that no touch function works with my iPhone 13 Pro. I’ve spent an hour searching the web and can’t find a fix for them. Spotify, scam, and calls. Nothing works.

I reset the AirPods twice
Phone is on 17.4.1
Restarted phone
Reinstalled the apps
Spatial Audio set to fixed
Checked all settings
Was about to unpair my watch 5 but no reason I should have to for the AirPods to work

I vaguely recall the exact same issue from 2020/2021 with my original AirPods that went away but those seem to work just fine right now. Only these brand new out of the box AirPods Pro have touch issues.

Version 6B34
Case 63.1.0

Toutou

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2015
Prague, Czech Republic
Just to make sure, are you aware that AirPods Pro don’t use the same controls as the older plain AirPods (the tapping) and instead you’re supposed to squeeze and swipe the stem?

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
MN
Just to make sure, are you aware that AirPods Pro don’t use the same controls as the older plain AirPods (the tapping) and instead you’re supposed to squeeze and swipe the stem?
Yea I eventually figured this out talking to other AirPod pro owners. This has to be the dumbest thing Apple has ever done on a product since you have to hope you don’t push the AirPod out of your ear trying to find the AirPod blindly and get your finger in between your face and the AirPod to then squeeze it in the specific spot to activate the touch function. A simple tap or double tap works perfectly fine, why change it over previous versions.

Reactions: StoneJack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.