Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
It looks like AirTags are low in stock here in Canada and on sale/clearance at some Walmarts.

They are? All Tags seem to be ready for shipping out next day from what I can tell. Retailer sales almost never correlate with Apple plans.

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
The clones are only $7 CAD and do the same things, work great and can track the history via your macbook.
O RLY?

Do they appear in 'find my' and if I lose my keys with an AirTag attached, will I be able to find them in the same way, by crowdfinding?

• Love
Reactions: dreyp82
Apr 12, 2023
They are going to introduce new ones and the old ones will not be able to be tracked for some asinine reason. J/K. I am thinking they are just low on stock because of a slow down in production because there were so many made already.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
They are going to introduce new ones and the old ones will not be able to be tracked for some asinine reason. J/K. I am thinking they are just low on stock because of a slow down in production because there were so many made already.

Often, when there's new hardware launching (i.e. WWDC), Apple will dedicate air freight to the new products. A blip here and there don't mean much unless you see a delay in a BTO product shipping from China.

jdavid_rp

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2020
O RLY?

Do they appear in 'find my' and if I lose my keys with an AirTag attached, will I be able to find them in the same way, by crowdfinding?
I think not. It’s like a small “raspberry pi” with custom firmware that makes iDevices believe is an AirTag and update its location. You can’t add them to the find app, you need an special app for Mac to see the location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.