Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
US
Is this going on with anyone else? I literally just noticed today that there's now a really annoying squeak sound my phone is making for everything....I first noticed it on instagram and twitter when I was refreshing the page and thought it was in those apps, but then when I plugged in my phone to charge, it made the same noise....then I went to settings and toggled a few of the sound options, and it made that sound literally every button I switched.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is this going on with anyone else? I literally just noticed today that there's now a really annoying squeak sound my phone is making for everything....I first noticed it on instagram and twitter when I was refreshing the page and thought it was in those apps, but then when I plugged in my phone to charge, it made the same noise....then I went to settings and toggled a few of the sound options, and it made that sound literally every button I switched.
Perhaps somethings off with your phone? Have you tried restarting it?

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
US
Perhaps somethings off with your phone? Have you tried restarting it?

Ok I restarted my phone and it stopped...it was so bizarre, it was some kind of buzz/squeak sound with every haptic response. I wonder what could’ve casued it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.