Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timisenman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting here, so I apologize for barging in. I wanted to share a new app I launched this week: Fair Weather Friends - Weather where your friends are.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fair-weather-friends/id1633831488

I built this app because, when I was living abroad, my mom and grandma used to always ask me about some storm that was happening in my country, and I'd have to explain that it was several hundred miles away. But then during serious weather events, I kept wondering how my friends were fairing in their cities, and if I should be concerned. So I built this app to tell me. It gives me a lot of peace of mind to see that their weather is generally okay, and therefore, so are they. I hope that it will provide the same comforts for any of you. If you friends are at risk of bad weather, the app will alert you when the conditions are bad enough, so that you *know* to check in on them.

My personal favorite feature of the app is the Lock Screen widgets. Seeing my friends on my Lock Screen has had this really consistent ability to just make me happy, because it's a reminder that they're around at all.

Here's a preview of the app. Would love any feedback anyone has, and would be incredibly grateful to anyone trying the app, or sharing it with people they care about.

Happy Holidays!
Tim Isenman

P.S. I am also the creator of an app called Pocket Rocket, in case anyone has used that.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I just installed it. The interface is excellent!
I’ve been looking for something like this for years. I even suggested it to the developers who make the weather app I use the most. I have friends in different countries and we text and call regularly. It’s just nice to have an idea of their weather especially when theirs is do different from mine.

Nicely done!

timisenman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Los Angeles, CA
I just installed it. The interface is excellent!
I’ve been looking for something like this for years. I even suggested it to the developers who make the weather app I use the most. I have friends in different countries and we text and call regularly. It’s just nice to have an idea of their weather especially when theirs is do different from mine.

Nicely done!
Thank you so much! That makes me incredibly happy! I'd love to hear how else the app could serve you, if you've got any interest in helping the app evolve. Like for example, I really like seeing the current weather in the Lock Screen widgets, but something like a little daily forecast that gives me a higher level understanding of their day would feel really nice too. But, you're the customer! So I'm interested to hear how stuff like that would suit you. Please get in touch if you'd like-- I'd be honored to share some the ideas I'm working on: Tim @ voyagerspace . systems

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Thank you so much! That makes me incredibly happy! I'd love to hear how else the app could serve you, if you've got any interest in helping the app evolve. Like for example, I really like seeing the current weather in the Lock Screen widgets, but something like a little daily forecast that gives me a higher level understanding of their day would feel really nice too. But, you're the customer! So I'm interested to hear how stuff like that would suit you. Please get in touch if you'd like-- I'd be honored to share some the ideas I'm working on: Tim @ voyagerspace . systems
Will do! I’ll give it some thought and get with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.