Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swhirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2018
I upgraded two machines to Mojave, an iMac and MacBook Air, with almost identical software from the Mac App Store installed. Both are post-Metal 2 and officially supported by the new OS. The iMac detects updates for more apps than my MacBook Air.

For example, where Mac App Store Apps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are installed on both machines and need updates, the iMac would detect all 5 as being in need of an update, but the MacBook Air would only detect updates for Apps 1, 3, and 5 (missing 2 and 4).

Manually navigating to the App Store page for the apps where updates were not detected would also not yield an "Update" button - instead the only option is to "Open" the app, which opens the existing old version of the app on the machine. The only way I've been able to "fix" the issue is to manually uninstall the apps for which updates were not detected, and then re-install the latest version from the App Store.

I'm not sure if anyone else working with multiple Macs with Mojave installed have noticed or experienced similar MAS app update issues. Thanks.

FreAk6767

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
Same here!
I was looking for Logic Pro and 1Password 7 updates that came out today, and no updates detected.
When going to each app page, same you, it only says "open".

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
Same issue here. It worked on the first day, but now I had to manually refresh.

Another issue I still have from before is that I get an error message every time I update 1Password that it can't be running in the background. I have to manually close it from activity monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.