Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
new display promo.....
:D

$400 dollars off in some instances(if you purchase a dual 1.25 or 800 PB).... it's pretty sweet!

I may have to go ahead and purchase the 800 PB!!! it's getting hard to hold out for that update!!!!:eek:

TMJ1974

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
What the **** ? ?

OK, I have been patient, but this is too much! Apple doesnt seem to release new products when a promo for the existing version is in progress. Did anyone notice the end of this new display promo --- DECEMBER 31 :mad:

I need a new LCD, but, I will not pay the premium for Apple's current displays, which are not technically comparible to other displays on the market. Pixel response time, etc are better on competing monitors. Actually, I woudn't even care about some of the technical aspects as much, IF the Apple displays were a more reasonable price.....$999 for the 17", come on ..... $799 MAX would be reasonable in my opinion!

This almost makes me as mad as ATI not knowing when the h-ll they are going to ship the retail Mac version of the Radeon 9000 or 9700. The 9000 was due last month.

I am sorry if my post is too strong or too anti-Apple, but, I really want an Apple display, and will pay for it.....BUT, I will only pay a reasonable premium for the little Apple logo.

If anyone can offer me any objective suggestions for LCDs or knows of any deals, please let me know.

Tim

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Re: What the **** ? ?

OK, I have been patient, but this is too much! Apple doesnt seem to release new products when a promo for the existing version is in progress. Did anyone notice the end of this new display promo --- DECEMBER 31 :mad:

Tim

Is that a fact? I would figure they would keep giving discouts on purchases of 800mhz PBs and roll out the new stuff at full retail.....no?

TMJ1974

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Doubt it

The new promo is good with PowerBook and PowerMac, which (given their past track record) would mean no new update until the promo is over.

Dissappointed..........

Tim

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
the last time they had this deal...

(that i recall)

...was the end of 99. that's when i broke down and bought my g4, thinking i got a great deal. then in january, apple released new powermacs for less money, and i actually came out w/ an inferior machine for more money.

if history repeats itself (and it does), this to me indicates that apple will roll out some new stuff in january.

if i were in the market for a new powermac, i'd wait until then. ("fool me once...")

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.