Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Re: New Apple PDA

Originally posted by applemacdude
I expect that Apple will release a new PDA in the near future.... Maybe It will be called the.....?

it's never gonna happen so don't even think about it.

and if you want a good apple pda, then i recommend a newton mp 2100.:)

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
bahhhhhhhh too much apple pda talk :( i think after mw paris, ppl should stop talking bout an apple pda till like a few weeks b4 mwsf lol

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Re: wha ya mean

how much u wanna bet?

that the newton is good, or that there's no way in hell that they will make a pda?

if they do in fact do a pda, i will start a mac rumors public apology thread, exclusively to tell you that im sorry. then i will create a new username and start at newbie status all over again:D

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
Re: wha ya mean

how much u wanna bet?

I'll tell you what....if Apple comes out with a pda (that's a PDA....not a phone/organizer but just a PDA) then I'll publicly admit that Steve Jobs is a total liar and I'll never trust him again.

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
He didn't actually say there would be no Apple PDA in the future. He "downplayed" the possibility. But he could bring out any device, PDA or PDA-like and that would not make him a liar.

That said, I believe it is fairly unlikely at the moment.

But if they call it an iWalk I am going to jump off a cliff. That would be so embarrassing.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Wait a sec...

I thought that I heard somewhere that Steve Jobs said that he would never have Apple release a PDA.

As for an iPhone, well inkwell is just to fine an example.;)

idkew

macrumors 68020
PDA's are dead...

I, for one, waisted my money on my Handspring Visor. I never use it.

The new thing is small phones that will take over PDA's work, as well as other tasks. These add on's, or built in's will prolly include a still and motion video camera, mp3 player, maybe a real time translator...........

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Newton Again?

<begin sarcasm>
Why would they call it the "Newton Again"? That's a silly name.
<end sarcasm>
;)

Gus

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I think a PDA is a much better idea than a phone. I'm happy with my sprint PCS cellular, and I'm not happy with my Palm Pilot. If Apple does come out with a PDA, it had better have a lite version of OS X, and not run the stupid Palm OS software.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
AHHHHHHHHH. DUCK AND COVER! The apple PDA crap is back! Well i guess we can let you off cuz ur a newbie, but u better learn pretty quick that the two words Apple and PDA used in conjunction in the the hardware rumors section is a big no-no. We also cant have the idea spring back up after we had to kill it during the MWNY era.

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
I dont want a PDA

I want an ibook that is a little smaller than the newton. Just take out the big screen, keyboard, and cd. Keep all the connections and ad a little floating pallete to make navigation easier in OS X. It would be like a Pocket PC but it would have the same power as the ibook because all the guts would be almost the same. Apple already has all the parts, the only problem is the price. So, right now even in the 21st century, the price on this kind of technology done right would be too high for the average user. Maybe they would do better to just make an iBook under a thousand. It would be slow for power users, but just fine for school.

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
chicago
Re: New Apple PDA

I expect that Apple will release a new PDA in the near future.... Maybe It will be called the.....?
it wont be strictly a pda...more of an all purpose device (pda, ipod, portable quicktime, some games, lo-qual photo, etc) all on a color screen.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Re: Re: New Apple PDA

Originally posted by BongHits

it wont be strictly a pda...more of an all purpose device (pda, ipod, portable quicktime, some games, lo-qual photo, etc) all on a color screen.

U sure know how to make the scorned apple pda myth seem pretty appealing with your "all in one" device. Maybe we could call it the all-in-wonder mac (hehe ripping off ATI is so great...)

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I dont think so

I dont think that Apple will put out a PDA... I would like to see it happen.. but it wont. What I do think well happen is Apple will put out a next gen cell phone with PDA functions but will not go as fare as the trio or some other the other PDA/phones. It will be not much larger than the cell phones we have not.. but with a lot more features.

If it had a USB port on it and a terminal app that I can use to tip and use it as a mini console... I would buy 3 of them....

Maybe I sould just get a Sharp Zaurus... but I really want an Apple!

If Apple comes out with an iPhone... I will grap it up in a second!

-evildead

void

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
I think they will just update the iPod with a bigger, color screen and some more features (earbud for iphone, stylus and inkwell). It would run OS X version 10.3 House Cat*(Small).
Edit: eye, this is not a PDA, it is a better iPod.:D

*© G5orbust 2002

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Originally posted by vjv
I think they will just update the iPod with a bigger, color screen and some more features (earbud for iphone, stylus and inkwell). It would run OS X version 10.3 House Cat(Small).
Edit: eye, this is not a PDA, it is a better iPod.:D

hey dude u stole my made up name for osx 10.3!!! Give me credit next time u call any OSX version house cat!

i got the posts to prove it too.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9924&panther

look at the last few posts. You'll see.

I posted it almost a full month ago too! 8/22/02 at 3:15 PM PST

void

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
Sorry man. Great minds think alike. I just came up with that off the top of my head but i might as well give you credit

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
whoa u did. thats pretty cool. Guess i gotta give u creit also. Sry i came on so strong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.