Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
I agree

I agree with digital rampage. The maturity level of all you PC freaks and nerds/gimps e.t.c is low. VERY LOW!! The poor person just wanted to show of his photoshop skills or wanted to sprice up the forum and all you guys do is belittle him/her. Think different. NOT ALIKE!!!

- angry KELA

BY THE WAYS I THINK I KNOW WHAT HALO stands for now.

High Altitude Long Operation.

Gallifrey

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
you guys dont even read the site just look at the pic. *GEESH* they guy amits to creating it in hopes of it being a creative peice of hardware. It maybe or it may not be but he still amits to it.

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
boston
possible good news

a hardware manufacturer actually likes the concept so much they are talking about possible manufacturing for APPLE. i don't know if it's a goof yet or not, but you just never know. of course the keypad would be replaced with the cradle so that the keyboard wouldn't be any wider than the pro keyboard is now...

+-- e.d. --+

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
Calm Down

There are a few things:
1) The Apple PDA wouln't run with a full copy of Aqua. Depending on the speed of the ApplePDA the OS will be different. If it's fast like a PocketPC, it'll support windows. If it's slow, like a Palm, it'll always have 1 window open at once. The dock isn't likely to use magnification, but maybe.

2) The keybord (if it has a cradle) wouln't be built onto the keybord, it'll probably be a separate piece, like the old Apple keybord, which had a separate numerical pad. At best the cradle would have a USB wire attached to the monitor or something. Maybe it'd also have an Irda port so it could sync with other devices, like laptops, who knows. Apple should make a Airport-HotSync, to sync Laptops to desktops, and visa-versa. That'd be really easy to do, no hardware or anuything, just a small OSX application.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Ugly keyboard, very inmature design, too much time in some hads. The kid just need to call some attention.

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
boston
eat my pants. the whole idea is get rid of the external hotsync cradle. ya, Airport syncing would be KILLER for sure. but i didn't think of that. perhaps removing the keypad from the Pro keyboard would = the same width as the Pro Keyboard is now... just move the 4 new function keys around.

it got people talking. it got people to think of better ways of doing things. it got people to think different. if you hate the idea, fine. call me a child, an infant with stupid ideas. but sometime, someone is going to come along with something you put down... and it's going to be the "next big thing."

i wish these forums wouldn't get so negative all the time. this is about Apple Co. for Pete's sake. The bastion of creativity and free-thinking.

Sorry, but the next time I get an idea for something, you'll be sure I am gonna post about it. :)

Macwizzard

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2001
Holladay, UT
Umm, no

If there was an iPad, I might get one of them, but who needs an extra cradle. If apple released a PDA, it would probably have a docking functon similar to newton.

Looks like a pretty keyboard though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.