Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grxntpxlmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2018
Madison
Apple recently switched to iPhone 7 based pos systems in their stores. They are using mophie cases that have a dock style charger and have a peripheral device that handles the chip cards, contactless payments, and stripe cards. Does anyone have info on these at all?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Is this REALLY new? They have been using iOS based POS devices for a number of years now. Sure, maybe the chip reader is a new twist on this (but what do I know: I either pay ahead via Apple Store app or do my own self checkout and Apple Pay).

Grxntpxlmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2018
Madison
what info do you need? you laid out exactly what it is.
Is this REALLY new? They have been using iOS based POS devices for a number of years now. Sure, maybe the chip reader is a new twist on this (but what do I know: I either pay ahead via Apple Store app or do my own self checkout and Apple Pay).

Yeah it’s not new but they were using Mophie technology that is completely new. I was simply wondering if someone new what all mophie developed for the newly upgraded iPhone 7 based Apple Store POS

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.