Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fire365

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I wasn't sure where to post this but when I was at my local mall The Oaks (well at least until I leave for college this weekend) in Thousand Oaks California they were putting in a new apple store they had all of the black tarps with the giant apple logos on them. It so bitter sweat theres finialy an apple store closer then northridge for me but I'm going up to santa cruz this weekend but hey at least it will be perfect for christmas gifts.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I wish they'd open one near me. The closest one for me without leaving the country is 4,382 km.

The actual closest one is only 226 km though.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
they're opening one in san antonio, which is so cool, but it's opening on friday (wtf?! :confused: ) so i dont get to go to the opening :(

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
jamesW135 said:
Cool, it was great when the put an Apple store near me!
I love the walt witman store, all though the people their are idiots. Although the manger or something like that, a short lady dark hair, was very helpful when i had a problem with my BT keyboard
I was thinking about this today.....Apple should put an apple store in fanuel Hall in boston... Did anyone take over that huge building, there use to be a large abercrombie and fitch their...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
devilot76 said:
fire, where is this store?! Which day is the opening?!
From ifoapplestore.com:
Macerich-owned mall west of Los Angeles in Conejo Valley along Highway 101, about 45 minutes northwest of LA. Has 150 stores and restaurants on 90 acres studded with oak trees, plus 3 anchors and a 9-screen cineplex. In the midst of a controversial remodeling project, and an expansion beyond its existing 1+ million square-feet (citizen groups fear environmental impact). The Federated Department Stores purchase of the May Department Stores Co. has also delayed action, since it affects potential tenants Macy's and Robinson-May. Will occupy the upper level Eddie Bauer space. Appeared as a job location May 17, 2005.​
No opening date that we know of so far. When they do open, perhaps we should all rent a bus and take a field trip.

PsychedelicBus68.JPG

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Thanks, Doctor Q, I can always count on you for awesome info. Sigh. I'm bummed-- I thought maybe the store would be closer. I'm still hankering after one of those ultra rare store-opening t's. :( Surely I must be one of the minority here on MR who doesn't have one. ;)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Why does Apple feel the need to put an almost endless amount of Apple Stores in California?

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
homerjward said:
they're opening one in san antonio, which is so cool, but it's opening on friday (wtf?! :confused: ) so i dont get to go to the opening :(

I feel your pain! I went by on Tuesday during my lunch hour to snoop around. The store is actually pretty big! I just wish I could go by on Friday, but I have to work. :(

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
ham_man said:
Why does Apple feel the need to put an almost endless amount of Apple Stores in California?
;) Because we're the coolest, gawdangit! :D

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Sweet, that's only about an hour away from my school. Which is weird, because the new store that opened in Rancho Cucamonga is 40 minutes or so from my hometown. Yep, Apple definitely loves the Californians!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.