Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C14ru5

macrumors member
I think it's pretty hard to differentiate Alex Schoknecht and Jeremiah Cohick. I mean, they both talk about being switchers and their dads not willing to switch. They're the same age and sex, as well. I personally hoped Apple would try something new rather than just mentioning the same just with another person.

I do like the ad, however, and the funny thing is, I'm in pretty much the same situation myself (although I've never had a PeeCee). I guess there are lots of similar potential customers (switchers with unenlightened dads) out there, which probably is why Apple is emphasizing this a bit. As long as Apple has today's market share, recommendation is still the most effective advertising method, IMHO.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I'm thinking that the regular people ads are getting a little long in the tooth. They paved the way for the new marketing stategy - but it will most likely fall to the celebs to continue it and make it note worthy. There are just only so many unknown people you can watch - the celebs bring to it a different, more powerful presentation that link familiarity outside the Apple context that works better - it always does, no matter what the product.

D

Tim Clarke

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2002
Re: switch ads...

Booorrrriiiiinnngggg. I'd forgo any and all celebrity ads (except maybe Will Ferrell) for Ellen Feiss any day... "Beep beep, beep beep beep..."

Save the celebs for more in-depth, "feature" articles, movies, etc.

Originally posted by dukestreet
I'm thinking that the regular people ads are getting a little long in the tooth. They paved the way for the new marketing stategy - but it will most likely fall to the celebs to continue it and make it note worthy. There are just only so many unknown people you can watch - the celebs bring to it a different, more powerful presentation that link familiarity outside the Apple context that works better - it always does, no matter what the product.

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
When do you think the Will Ferrell ads will show up? He definitely lightens up the screen!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Thank you Tim, that's the one that we saw at MWNY last July! Saving it to a CD!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Re: switch ads...

Originally posted by Tim Clarke
Booorrrriiiiinnngggg. I'd forgo any and all celebrity ads (except maybe Will Ferrell) for Ellen Feiss any day... "Beep beep, beep beep beep..."

Save the celebs for more in-depth, "feature" articles, movies, etc.

Ah, I don't think you're going to see Ellen in anything Apple anytime soon - if you read her interview you'd know that she's going to be possibly doing something with MTV - and I'll stand by my celeb comment - that's going to be the future of the Switch ads.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.