Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rewind80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2024
I have noticed in certain light today, that my Apple Watch Ultra has what looks like a dotted line around the top of the screen where it meets the bezel.

I have tried to take a couple of photos but it is very hard to get a good photo that shows the problem. In the photo showing the whole display, it is the top left curver where it is visible. In the other photo (apologies for it being blurry!) it runs the width of the bezel. It looks as if whatever behind the screen is showing slightly. The rest of the screen looks okay although there might be a similar thing (but smaller) at the bottom of the screen.

I am in the UK and only bought it brand new from Costco about 4 weeks ago. I am wondering if I should take it in to my local Authorised Reseller or whether this is not a defect?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 132

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
I have noticed in certain light today, that my Apple Watch Ultra has what looks like a dotted line around the top of the screen where it meets the bezel. I have tried to take a couple of photos but it is very hard to get a good photo that shows the problem. It looks as if whatever behind the screen is showing slightly. The rest of the screen looks okay although there might be a similar thing (but smaller) at the bottom of the screen.

I am in the UK and only bought it brand new from Costco about 4 weeks ago. I am wondering if I should take it in to my local Authorised Reseller or whether this is not a defect?

Thanks.
Does Costco UK have the same 90 day return policy that Costco US has? If so, return it and get another one.

Rewind80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2024
I am having a webchat with Costco at the moment. If I do swap it out, do I have to start again with all of my Health stuff etc.?

Rewind80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2024
As it's an Apple product, they don't offer a returns to the Warehouse (I purchased online) neither do they offer a replacement. Therefore, they can collect the Watch this week but then I would have to buy another one and wait for the refund for the original!

I am just wondering if anybody has heard of this problem before?

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Are you sure it isn't just dust stuck in the gap? I had something that looks similar, I just got a post-it and ran it around the edges to clean it out.

Reactions: VulchR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.