Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
A new applecare. Applecare now covers displays purchased with a powerbook on the same receipt. This is very good considering many people are buying powerbooks to replace a desktop at home. Also applecare covers all over the globe. before if you bought a ibook or powerbook in the us and broke it in another country you were fresh out of luck. now all countries are covered, i believe, i didnt look to much into it. this is really good for independent resellers like me because now we can sell computers to people if they plan to go out of the country with it and not worry. thought you guys may find this interesting, not sure if somebody already posted a thread on this though. here is the link.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0211/18.applecare.php

iJon

hackamacj

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2002
HB, Surf City
Airport

In case many of you didn't know if you have a computer that uses WI-FI and you have an airport base station in your house, well, get this, the airport is completley covered, all you have to do is send it in and Apple will send you a new one (they aren't even bothering to fix them) it seems logical but you don't have to pay the extra money to cover them, as long as you have one computer that is covered in your house.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
as far as i know you must purchase the base station with a computer on the same receipt. it acts the same as an apple monitor when purchased with a powerbook or powermac. i could be wrong though, ill try to find out for sure.

iJon

conceptdev

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2002
From apple
"One Apple-branded display is covered under the Plan, if purchased at the same time and enrolled with a covered Power Mac or a PowerBook computer. An Apple-branded mouse and keyboard are also covered under the Plan if included with the Covered Equipment. An AirPort Card, an AirPort Base Station, an Apple-branded DVI to ADC display adapter, and Apple RAM modules are also covered under the Plan if owned by you and used with the Covered Equipment."

This is the sort of thing that reminds me why I stay with Apple.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
Re: how long

Originally posted by technocoy
after your purchase do you have to buy the apple care plan?? 90 days... or 1 year?

thanks
technocoy
after your computer has been bought you have 1 year to purchase apple care. apple care just adds 2 years to the end of your 1 year purchase date. so it really doesnt matter when you buy the applecare, as long as it is in the 1 year time frame.

iJon

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
they also bumped up the price of the iMac/eMac applecare to $169. it used to be 149. grr. only one more reason for me not to buy it, although ill probly end up getting it.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by beez7777
they also bumped up the price of the iMac/eMac applecare to $169. it used to be 149. grr. only one more reason for me not to buy it, although ill probly end up getting it.
20 more bucks is not that much considering not a single part in that computer costs less than 169 when something needs to be replaced.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.