Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Got mine today and as it supports HDMI 2.1 I've connected it straight to my LG G1 with audio going via ARC to receiver (not eARC).

Doing this before on the previous gen ATV 4K resulted in lip sync issues with Dolby Atmos on ALL apps and iTunes movies too, connecting straight to AVR was fine and that's how I used it.

Now the new one connected straight to tv has no lip sync probs with Atmos apart from Netflix, it's slightly out.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Got mine today and as it supports HDMI 2.1 I've connected it straight to my LG G1 with audio going via ARC to receiver (not eARC).

Doing this before on the previous gen ATV 4K resulted in lip sync issues with Dolby Atmos on ALL apps and iTunes movies too, connecting straight to AVR was fine and that's how I used it.

Now the new one connected straight to tv has no lip sync probs with Atmos apart from Netflix, it's slightly out.
your receiver should have a delay setting you can add for different inputs.

TheRedOx

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
That's such a bummer. The dialogue being out of sync has been driving me nuts for at least a year now and it was especially bad on Apple TV+ shows no matter if I listened through a stereo pair of HomePods or my AirPods Pro. I'm picking up the new ATV 4K today and I just upgraded my router at home to WiFi6 (eero) so I'm really hoping the issue goes away.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Oh damm

I was hoping the new ATV had better management of audio sync issues

I have the original ATV4K and connected to my denon 3700h I have different lip sync issues across all apps and content. I use match frame rate and different frame rates present different delays, it’s a nightmare.

The only fix is to use eARC via my LG CX.

OP you need to check your audio output settings. You should select auto for digital sound out. Not pass through. For some reason pass through reintroduced sync issues. I also use auto for my dtv audio setting

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
The audio is behind the video so using audio delay isn't an option.
Already have auto not passthrough on the tv settings.
I'll probs have to get an AVR with eARC.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
The audio is behind the video so using audio delay isn't an option.
Already have auto not passthrough on the tv settings.
I'll probs have to get an AVR with eARC.
Audio is always late to video if there is issues. I have mine set between 2ms and 5ms on my other tv and it fixes it

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
The audio is coming after the video a little, adding more delay makes it worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.