Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t3rminus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
Hey, my new Apple TV 4K (Gen 2?) was delivered today. After going through the default set-up, I decided to see how Apple Arcade was on a big screen, so I un-paired my DualShock 4 controller from my iPad, and tried to pair it with my Apple TV, and ... nothing.

The "Other Devices" doesn't show the controller.
I was successfully able to pair a Bluetooth keyboard, and a bluetooth headset, but not the controller.

I've tried restarting, factory resetting, multiple controllers, and even an XBox One controller... nothing appears in the "Other Devices" menu, despite all controllers easily pairing with my iPhone, iPad, and Mac, instantly.

I want to prove I'm not crazy here. Has anyone else tried pairing a controller with the new Apple TV 4K?

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
I just paired my 8BitDo SN30 pro just now. It shows up on the tv as a Dualshock 4 controller.

t3rminus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
The disney+ App doesn't like the new click wheel. They uses there own player. This player seems to be have sone bugs.
I had also problems with the old remote. After a while, I can't rewind and I must restart the whole app.
That has... absolutely nothing to do with game controllers or anything I'm talking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.