Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Hey everyone. I have a 15" Powerbook and had used a lapdog for a long time, but then switched to the back office. It carries everything and more, and is nice looking, and extremely functional.

Most bags require you to open them and then take your computer out. I've always worried about dropping my computer, so I wasn't big on that idea.

The lapdog and other products from this company are unique (they have patents on the design) in that you don't ever have to remove your computer. You put the bag on your lap (it has a non-slip surface that works), and then unclip it, and it opens up around your legs. You then have your computer sitting ready for use on your lap... you have your cds and dvs available, and you have storage compartments on either side of your leg. I've used Brenthaven bags, and other bags you can get from places like Bestbuy, but these are by far the best.

If you have a 17" powerbook, take a look at the new BIG BackOffice. You'll love it.

If you have a 15" Powerbook or an iBook, take a look at the other bags. You won't ever, EVER go back to one of the other bags.

Trust me on this!

M. Crain

Here is the info:

http://www.sjdesign.com

BackOffice & BIG BackOffice
The clever design of this unique computer carrying case, allows you to convert it in seconds from a comfortable, padded backpack to a single shoulder strap vertical briefcase. The pack opens to create a functional, well organized portable office, for use on your lap or on any desk top.
BIG BackOffice: accommodates larger laptops (17"Powerbook, 16"Vaio, Larger Dells, Large HP's, etc.)

BackOffice $149.95 add to cart
BIG BackOffice $159.95 add to cart
single shoulder strap $9.95 add to cart

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
That's awesome, thanks for the info, I will be looking for a new case once I get a new 15" AlBook. I've been considering something from Spire, but that looks pretty functional.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I have a bag from spire and I must say they are awesome. I have the VOLTXL and i bought it to be my big bag.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Yeah, a few years ago my english teacher had bought a PowerBook G3 after I bought mine and brought it to class for a presentation and got a really nice Spire bag for it that was quite impressive. They are built of heavy duty materials and look like they can keep your laptop protected against a good deal of traveling perils.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.