Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Okay, got the blackbook today and something looked a bit odd about the keyboard but didn't think much of it.

Then tonight it hit me... some of the keys are printed off center. The H, J, N, M and comma keys all iook like subscript compared to the rest of the keys.

It's not a major issue but it does make the keyboard look a bit odd.

Anyone else noticed this on a new Blackbook?

Steve

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
That would drive me crazy-- I don't have a new MacBook, but am headed to an Apple store tomorrow, so maybe I will check it out!

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
it's not true unless we see some pics! :)

and no, my new macbook's keyboard does not have this... err... text misalignment.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
I too would love to see some pics.

Well it's not really obvious on the pic for some reason... :-(

Not like it's a major issue anyway.

Attachments

• kbd.jpg
    kbd.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 105

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
From the pics, it looks normal, its like that on macbooks and Al thin keyboards, not even on MBP's, its because they print it on them, so the key may have moved in the process and caused it to be like that. and just wondering, why is your command key like that? did they change it again?

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
From the pics, it looks normal, its like that on macbooks and Al thin keyboards, not even on MBP's, its because they print it on them, so the key may have moved in the process and caused it to be like that. and just wondering, why is your command key like that? did they change it again?

Ummm... pass. I noticed it was different to the pics but I just assumed it must have changed.

It looks less obvious on the pics for some reason... maybe the angle I took the photo this morning. It's not terrible though. Just struck me as odd when I noticed it.

shov

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2006
anyone notice you don't seem to get num lock and the associated keys anymore?
i'd be well annoyed if i was trying to use the numpad and it didn't exist.

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
I was just about to say take it back but I checked my white macbook and strangely enough my "B" is lower than the others LOL.

I noticed it as i was looking but tbh you cant really tell.

I would class it as an "inherent feature" and makes every macbook unique :D

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Maybe you could wait till new aluminium MacBooks (or whatever the next revision is) come out, then take it to an Apple Store and make them give you a new one. ;)

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
anyone notice you don't seem to get num lock and the associated keys anymore?
i'd be well annoyed if i was trying to use the numpad and it didn't exist.
i've inputted small data sets on my macbook using R and not having a dedicated number pad has been a non issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.