Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thetics

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Hey guys, so i just replaced my old blackbook with the updated one, got home, I was stoked. I opened it up and I could immediately feel, the top case (the part with the apple logo, not the keyboard) is a different texture than the previous gen. Its rougher than before, however the bottom and keybaord case all feel like the old one, that velvetly smooth texture, but the top is rough. Anyone notice this?

LightDemon69

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Levan, Utah
Hey guys, so i just replaced my old blackbook with the updated one, got home, I was stoked. I opened it up and I could immediately feel, the top case (the part with the apple logo, not the keyboard) is a different texture than the previous gen. Its rougher than before, however the bottom and keybaord case all feel like the old one, that velvetly smooth texture, but the top is rough. Anyone notice this?

I remember reading something about how they updated the case to be much stronger and withstand more brutality. So I do think that they are made of slightly different plastic, therefore a different texture.

Thetics

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
yeah its more smudge proof, but it gives the laptop a much more.. cheapy feeling in my opinion. i feel like im holding a dell =(. Its not sooo bad though. I just wish it was consistant cuz the rest of the laptop is soft plastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.