Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Been looking to replace my old Fuji bridge for a while now, and the USB port has finally fried itself, requiring me to remove media to transfer pictures. I want something that will sit happily in the middle of my current kit, and another bridge seems the best solution. I've been happy with Fuji, and have been looking at these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ps&field-keywords=fuji+bridge+cameras&x=0&y=0

Anybody have a personal recommendation? It doesn't have to be a Fuji...I'm just used to my ageing and about to die model!

Last edited:

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I know I ask this every time, but what appeals about a bridge camera over a compact system camera?

MyRomeo

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I use a Fuji S3300 when not using the D3100, Its pretty good at 14.1mpx, 26x optical zoom and reasonably compact. The only feature I think it could really do with is auto focus. The HS20 and HS30 EXR range both get manual focus but are quite a lot more expensive.

The S4300 is this years version of what I use, its spot on for day to day stuff.

My wife uses a GE X5 bridge (15x optical, 14mpx..) that was about £60 at asda, its nothing fancy but does produce pretty good images, especially at its price!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I use a Fuji S3300 when not using the D3100, Its pretty good at 14.1mpx, 26x optical zoom and reasonably compact. The only feature I think it could really do with is auto focus. The HS20 and HS30 EXR range both get manual focus but are quite a lot more expensive.

The S4300 is this years version of what I use, its spot on for day to day stuff.

My wife uses a GE X5 bridge (15x optical, 14mpx..) that was about £60 at asda, its nothing fancy but does produce pretty good images, especially at its price!

I looked at those GE's but they seem just too cheap to be true! They have a couple of "high" end models at around £100 on Amazon too...I think so far the Fuji is still favourite though...GE as in General Electric? surely not..:)

----------

What's this like as a deal?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bundle-Digi...BBSC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345818677&sr=8-1

They have the 4300 in red..:eek: or reassuringly black too!

MyRomeo

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
So which model did you go for? There a good camera, very similar manual controls as a dslr, in fact going from a Fuji bridge to a Nikon dslr I foun very easy, even te terminology and icons user are the same :)

The ge, as in general electric is pretty good to be fair, it was dirt cheap but it packs just as many features as the Fuji bridges!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.