Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
My Aqara G2H Pros have been working flawlessly for a while. Setup was a headache but everything has been solid since. In the last week or so I’ve been getting some buggy behavior. The camera will lose connection to the Aqara app but not to HomeKit. I’m getting a flashing blue light on the camera when it should be solid red. Not a huge deal since the camera is working for what I need, but weird nonetheless. Anyone else seeing this? I’m not sure if I should blame iOS 17.0.3 or the recent eero update.

I also had a Wemo plug lose connection to HomeKit this morning requiring an unplug and plug back in. Usually a hub change will solve that one. I hope we don’t have HomeKit bugs coming back.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have two G4 doorbells and a G3 and have not noticed this issue. Have you tried power cycling them? That usually fixes any issues with my Aqara cams.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I have two G4 doorbells and a G3 and have not noticed this issue. Have you tried power cycling them? That usually fixes any issues with my Aqara cams.
Yea that’s the only way to get it back to normal but then it happens again.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Shoot, I dunno. Mine usually stay behaved until a power or network outage.
Mine have been awesome for a while. One of them just started acting stupid. It stays active in HomeKit so I shouldn’t complain. Of course my kid obsesses over it at bed time because he knows it’s normally red.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Mine have been awesome for a while. One of them just started acting stupid. It stays active in HomeKit so I shouldn’t complain. Of course my kid obsesses over it at bed time because he knows it’s normally red.
Factory reset maybe? I use them in both apps. The Aqara app mainly for the 24/7 SD Card recording in case HomeKit misses something but if you don’t, maybe it’s not worth the hassle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.