Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dble07

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2022
I have a list of bugs that I am curious if anyone else is seeing. All of these, so far, appear while using stage manager with a satechi keyboard and a magic track pad. Some are existing some seem new since iPadOS 17.2. I am not running beta software. M1 iPad Pro 12.9

New:
-Sometimes the cursor acts erratic when it is supposed to be snapping to an icon like a back button in the browser.
-more apps are showing the scroll in the middle of the screen while scrolling
-some pop up boxes that have text input won’t actually allow you to click the text box and add text. Like it works and then immediately undoes the action and thus you can’t type anything. Think like a pop up box for editing a title in an app.

Old:
-Only some menus in settings would put the scroll bar in the middle of the screen while scrolling
-when searching through spotlight for a particular category in settings, it populates the right results but when you click the result it just takes you to the last settings screen you viewed.
-clicking with the Magic Trackpad is inconsistent in very oddly specific circumstances. Within the Amazon app it is hit or miss whether clicking anything will have success. Sometimes you have to click twice slowly, sometimes twice fast, sometimes hover around a little and then a click. Similar problem in the emoji picker in any location.(This seems to be resolved since 17.2, but was very weird that it was a thing at all).
-2 issues in reminders. First, the keyboard shortcut for indenting a reminder only sometimes works(problem also exists when attached to the Magic Keyboard case). Second is sometimes when clicking on an empty bubble to add a reminder it will go into edit mode. This exist with the MK case as well, and seems to be that you have to click at the far left of the bubble to avoid the issue. But when using a finger on the screen you can tap anywhere on the bubble.

Patrice Brousseau

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2016
Montréal, Canada
iPad 7th gen:

Some PDF’s pages in Books are messed up: dark background with white text instead of normal white background and black text.

Playing with the new « inverted colors » settings in Books app isn’t successful. Neither changing appearance between « dark », « light » or « automatic ». A reboot didn’t helped.

I’ve submitted a feedback to Apple.

Attachments

• IMG_3305.png
    IMG_3305.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 31

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
There’s a wallpaper bug that’s really annoying. If your Lock Screen and Home Screen are two different wallpapers then the wallpaper takes a second to rotate after you rotate the device. Setting as a pair it’s fine.….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.