Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
I bought Camera+ back in 2018. Since then, they have introduced some features, which I now discovered were gone, as some I had all the time. Instead, I'm offered to subscribe to or buy a PRO package.

Thing is, the company LateNiteSoft promised in 2022 this:

”If you’re an existing user, you’re not losing anything or going to be charged for what you’ve already paid for.”

That blog post is now gone, but can be found here.

I can understand a company needs to make a profit, but I can't accept a lie. Give me back my app functions!

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
I don’t think many people are using the app to care, that’s the truth of the matter.

Direct your issues towards the app designers or use X/ Twitter if you want to get the word out.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
I bought Camera+ back in 2018. Since then, they have introduced some features, which I now discovered were gone, as some I had all the time. Instead, I'm offered to subscribe to or buy a PRO package.

”If you’re an existing user, you’re not losing anything or going to be charged for what you’ve already paid for.”

I can understand a company needs to make a profit, but I can't accept a lie. Give me back my app functions!
I use the app and also had paid for it a while ago. Just noticed all the pro features are gone. That sure is a bummer. I use the app occasionally but your post notified me of the changes and sure enough I already have that update that essentially bricks the app. Cannot save to camera roll. Pro feature now. 🤣. I’ll leave a review in the App Store and complain to the developer.

It was only natural of you to see if anyone else was having similar issues. Once again thank you I’ll be complaining as well.

Sully

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007

There was a huge uproar when the note taking app, Notability, did something similar. I remember this violated Apple’s TOS and Notability had to reinstate whatever it was they had taken away. The bottom line is that if you pay for the app the features that you bought can’t be taken away from you according to the App Store TOS.

Reach out to Apple.

Reactions: AlixSPQR

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
There was a huge uproar when the note taking app, Notability, did something similar. I remember this violated Apple’s TOS and Notability had to reinstate whatever it was they had taken away. The bottom line is that if you pay for the app the features that you bought can’t be taken away from you according to the App Store TOS.

Reach out to Apple.
I did that, and the automated response was that Apple will review my complaint in order to improve their services, but that I won't get a reply.
This is probably a scam the developer will get away with, and they know it.

• Sad
Reactions: katbel

Curiousads

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2023
I have an update on this one for you.

I reached out to Apple after reviewing the recent reviews - There are many in the same boat. Support confirmed the purchase is present and it must be a problem on the developers end and to contact the developer.

When I pointed out the only way to contact the developer was a non-functional support form the initial response was “not our problem”. The second member of support was much more supportive and understanding however also offered no resolution other than to contact the developer. Although they did confirm they could not find any other way of doing so.

I have raised two tickets:- One to the review team to hopefully attempt to contact the developer. This may be useful as this appears to be a clear breach of Apple ToS. The second, reporting potentially fraudulent activity. It’s tempting to draw a conclusion after a developer change however at this point it is possible this is an unforeseen problem or technical issue.

Please report your experience through Apple’s channels. My own personal opinion is more along the lines of Apple needing to be more accountable when they are still actively selling a product, have reports of problems and are aware a developer cannot be contacted. At the moment their approach seems to be “meh”.

douxy1994

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2023
I'm totally with you! This behavior of theirs is no different from banditry, we have already purchased all the previous features and now we need to pay twice, which is unacceptable! I have given reported this incident in the App Store and also contacted the developer through the feedback within the app, but I have not received any response!

Reactions: AlixSPQR

sundownarts

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2023
Thank you, AlixSPQR, for posting this, and Curiousads for posting about contacting Apple. I'm also dismayed about losing Camera+ 2 functionality I paid for as an old-time Pro. If they had released a version 3 app I might have considered upgrading to it, but now of course I wouldn't give them more money, since they're likely to pull the same trick again in the future. I contacted the developer through a support form in the app last Saturday, unsurprisingly have not heard back. Contacted Apple today, we'll see what they have to say. Perhaps if enough of us complain, Apple will actually take action? Too bad, I really enjoyed the app. If anyone finds a good alternative, please let us know!

Reactions: katbel and AlixSPQR

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
Thank you for your replies and support!
I got a response from the original developer who said they had sold the app to another developer, which I also contacted, but I didn't get a reply.
I suppose this ends there.

• Angry
Reactions: katbel and lindros2

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Genuine question, why are you posting here as opposed to messaging the company themselves? Or have you done that?
Genuine question - have you seen what this shell company actually did?

Illegal "sale" of Camera+ to another shell, same country/city (Madrid, Spain) - and CANCELLED ALL LICENSES of people (like myself) who paid for version 1 and version 2, and were huge proponents.

This is illegal.

Reactions: Sully

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Thank you for your replies and support!
I got a response from the original developer who said they had sold the app to another developer, which I also contacted, but I didn't get a reply.
I suppose this ends there.
The original developer (LateNightSoft) now refuses to reply.
New "company"? no way to contact. Their form is broken.

Reactions: Sully

Lesimac

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Interesting
hear in Australia your contract of sale is with Apple there store sold it to you.
Thus Apple is accountable.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Interesting
hear in Australia your contract of sale is with Apple there store sold it to you.
Thus Apple is accountable.
I've filled out the refund/investigation form 3x but show nothing in my list of investigations on Apple store.
This is a debacle, because I trusted this app on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.