Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia

Product Highlights
  • Exquisitely slim shock absorption. The Sheath measures a svelte 0.9mm in thickness. Manufactured using ShockLiteTM, a soft, gel-like, flexible polymer with excellent shock absorption, the Sheath is exquisitely slim yet still provides cushion for your iPhone from everyday drops and tumbles.
  • Considered craftsmanship. A soft, matte texture that strikes the perfect balance between great feel and excellent grip. Edges that wrap tightly around your iPhone and extend ever-so-slightly above the screen for added protection. A thicker reinforced wall around the charging port to reduce wear over time. This is not just an iPhone case to us. It’s part of how you experience the most important device in your life. And we’ve considered every last detail for you.

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/the-sheath

So a new Caudabe case just came out for the iPhone 6/6s.

My order is probably going to take 1.5 weeks so if anybody else receives their's first then share some pictures and comments about the case!

Last edited:

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Just ordered mine in black. Enter code THESHEATH for a discount, now thru this Sunday. Total with shipping came out to $16.00 and some change.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Just ordered mine in black. Enter code THESHEATH for a discount, now thru this Sunday. Total with shipping came out to $16.00 and some change.
The black one seemed too dark for my liking. Ordered the gray one :)

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
From the product photos of the inside, it looks like a similar material of the Magpul! I hope it's true, and ordered one.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be those $1 gel cases

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Mine shipped already as well.

Mine shipped too (like 30 minutes after I ordered). Looking forward to it. Love that camera cutout design. This doesn't seem like the same type of case as the Veil since it's "soft, gel-like, and flexible" or whatever.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
From the product photos of the inside, it looks like a similar material of the Magpul! I hope it's true, and ordered one.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be those $1 gel cases

Magpul cases are huge. Doubt this is the same. This might be exactly what I'm looking for. I still like and have my Veil because of how thin it is, but sometimes it's just a little too thin. This sounds like a good middle ground.

Reactions: db0227

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Magpul cases are huge. Doubt this is the same. This might be exactly what I'm looking for. I still like and have my Veil because of how thin it is, but sometimes it's just a little too thin. This sounds like a good middle ground.

Exactly. I'm all over this when they release the Plus version.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah. At .9mm thickness, that should be right in-between the Evutec S (.7mm) and the Apple Silicone/Leather case (??mm).

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
I wonder if the antenna-mimicking lines on the case serve a function or are simply there for esthetics.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I wonder when they're going to stop being so ****ing pretentious.

Who cares? Most of Caudabe's marketing has been with a tinge of humor and as long as they have quality products, it shouldn't matter whether you (or anyone) thinks they are pretentious or not. In the tech space, I know more than a few companies that do the same with their PR.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Got mine earlier today which was a nice surprise since I didn't pay for priority shipping. Nice, simple case with solid build quality. It feels like what the Apple silicone case should've been. It's definitely thinner than the Apple case and wraps around the entire phone. Fits like a glove and the grip is good (for me). I got the black which looks super sleek on my space gray iPhone especially with the screen off. It completely covers almost every opening so my phone literally looks almost all black. Drop protection is moderate - my phone accidentally took a tumble on my driveway not more than two minutes after I put it on. Both phone and case were completely unscathed. It probably won't save my phone from a two story drop, but it feels pretty durable overall. I'm impressed and this will probably be my main case. I've been a Veil user for a while, but it's nice finally not having to care too much about potentially dropping my phone.

Oh, and there's a lip that comes up a bit over the screen which is a nice touch. It works fine with my Tech Armor tempered glass screen protector. (Not the edge to edge kind. Not sure if those would be compatible with this case)

Ill try to post photos later. Too tired to do all that at this hour.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Got mine earlier today which was a nice surprise since I didn't pay for priority shipping. Nice, simple case with solid build quality. It feels like what the Apple silicone case should've been. It's definitely thinner than the Apple case and wraps around the entire phone. Fits like a glove and the grip is good (for me). I got the black which looks super sleek on my space gray iPhone especially with the screen off. It completely covers almost every opening so my phone literally looks almost all black. Drop protection is moderate - my phone accidentally took a tumble on my driveway not more than two minutes after I put it on. Both phone and case were completely unscathed. It probably won't save my phone from a two story drop, but it feels pretty durable overall. I'm impressed and this will probably be my main case. I've been a Veil user for a while, but it's nice finally not having to care too much about potentially dropping my phone.

Oh, and there's a lip that comes up a bit over the screen which is a nice touch. It works fine with my Tech Armor tempered glass screen protector. (Not the edge to edge kind. Not sure if those would be compatible with this case)

Nice, I'm excited. Mine shows up tomorrow.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Waiting on those pictures...

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011

Are there any seems / joints along the sides of the case?

Is it completely smooth along the sides?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.