Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
yeah i think so....however I did look up videoshell (same brand dlo product) for the ipod video and ilounge was not very impressed with the build quality....this is a different design but they probably use the same factory. I know I am putting to much effort in to this but I have yet to see a case that has everything I want....my favorite design is the elan form but I really want it to have a built in stand....all the manufacturers seem to be missing the mark in either quality or design.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
I'll be searching for ipod touch protection shortly. Keep reporting what you find. You're likely helping more here than just me.

I think for this touch to work correctly, the only option to protect the screen is a film.

I'd be happy with a clamshell device that protects the unit in my briefcase when I'm not using it. Does anyone make one of those?

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Just wanted to update this....my search has ended. I decided on the ipod touch defender by a company called otterbox. It looks like the best one I have seen but will report more on it when it arrives. you can see pictures of it by going to http://www.otterbox.com , also it was indicated to me that sometime at the beginning of the year this will also come with a holster, not sure if us early purchasers will get one free or not. I also told them a little add on stand would be nice to have. anyway check it out....this thing really looks fantastic and has a hard scratch proof screen that is still sensitive enough for full function. Scott

asmallchild

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
Just wanted to update this....my search has ended. I decided on the ipod touch defender by a company called otterbox. It looks like the best one I have seen but will report more on it when it arrives. you can see pictures of it by going to http://www.otterbox.com , also it was indicated to me that sometime at the beginning of the year this will also come with a holster, not sure if us early purchasers will get one free or not. I also told them a little add on stand would be nice to have. anyway check it out....this thing really looks fantastic and has a hard scratch proof screen that is still sensitive enough for full function. Scott

awesome

thanks for the link

this is the type of case i've been looking for

Windleaf2

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007

surf4peace

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
U.S.A.
Otterbox works well for older iPods...

but I seem to be having issues w/ my new one that I purchased for my new iPod classic. It would appear that the different material used for the click-wheel may be causing problems with the membrane's sensitivity. I'm currently checking with otterbox on the issue. Will report on any updates.
Their older otterboxes work PERFECTLY, at least as far as the one for the 80 GB video iPod. I'd highly recommend it for that particular model.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
Do any of the screen protector devices really still "feel" like the smooth glass surface? Do you lose any sort of sharpness or colors going a bit dull?

I've got a simple belt case for mine, protects it while its in my laptop bag. But, the only places I use it really don't seem to present the need for this ultra protection style cases.

orrelse44

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
What I want for my iPod Touch is something like the iPod 5G sleeve. Is there anything like that?

I wouldn't recommend that dlo clear case to anyone.

It won't allow my touch to fit into either of my stereo docks, and honestly if I dropped my ipod touch that case would fall apart as soon as it hit the ground. It is pretty much worthless, IMHO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.