Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
looks like it should read:

14.1 inch screen
1.3 GHz
30 gig hard drive
768 MB of RAM

just a typo really

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Doesn't that seem a little expensive for the specs?

I know Dell is very good with warranties in schools. A school I worked for had a bunch of laptops, and if any had missing keys, dell would just replace the keyboard. They were also good about replaces AC adapters and batteries. I guess that's what they're paying for.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
I am really against that school district. They handled getting rid of their Macs terribly. They should have just given their Macs to a schoo ldistrict or sold them for a real price. It's rediculous to think they sold them for $50. Well if they wanted to sell them at that price, they at least could have controlled the crowd, then again i would have been crazy too. Also wouldn't it have sucked if you got a dead iBook, which I read somewhere.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
kingjr3 said:
I wish them luck with spyware, viruses, and windows patches...

Windows in a corporate environment running locked down.. yeah, they will have good luck with the above mentioned.

Guess what? Your favourite brand will NEVER be considered by the suits in a serious working environment! Not roadmap, no nothing!

Not everyone is a fanboy ya know..

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
generik said:
Windows in a corporate environment running locked down.. yeah, they will have good luck with the above mentioned.

Guess what? Your favourite brand will NEVER be considered by the suits in a serious working environment! Not roadmap, no nothing!

Not everyone is a fanboy ya know..

Wow, yet another MS troll lurking on a Mac user forum...

Glad you can read, MS fanboy :rolleyes: . Did you even read the posted link? This is a school district and not a corporation, most schools barely know how to secure a network, let alone a students laptop. I wished them luck, and when they realize all the problems from a patchy OS, the superintendant will be on the line. Don't be surprised if 4 years from now, they reorder Apple laptops - just remember you heard it here first.

stoid

macrumors 601
Yeah, uhhhhhh...

Approximately 215,800 laptops are being distributed to Henrico County high school students. The laptops cost the schools US$1,131 apiece for a four-year total cost of $17.9 million.

Something there doesn't add up....

I'm thinking it's suppose to be 15,800 laptops. Some one must have a broken '2' key. Or really fat fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.