Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Hey all!

I've had a large collection of iMac G3s for a long time, so when one of my friends told me she was getting rid of an old desk they had, I jumped on the offer. After some janky setting up with my dad and a few friends (some of the pieces of wood were initially forgotten at her house, and some of it was warped so it required some drilling of new holes...), it's finally set up, and I began moving some of my iMacs to fit on the desk!

Here are some photos. :)

(I didn't post this in the PowerPC set up thread, because I have more desks that aren't here, but those will come eventually! If it should be put there instead, mods, please feel free to merge it in that post. :))

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_6222.JPG IMG_6223.JPG IMG_6224.JPG

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2016
Hey all!

I've had a large collection of iMac G3s for a long time, so when one of my friends told me she was getting rid of an old desk they had, I jumped on the offer. After some janky setting up with my dad and a few friends (some of the pieces of wood were initially forgotten at her house, and some of it was warped so it required some drilling of new holes...), it's finally set up, and I began moving some of my iMacs to fit on the desk!

(I didn't post this in the PowerPC set up thread, because I have more desks that aren't here, but those will come eventually! If it should be put there instead, mods, please feel free to merge it in that post. :))

View attachment 690141 View attachment 690142 View attachment 690143 View attachment 690144

That looks great. Very clean and shows off each one very well. The poster on the wall is icing on the cake. Great job :)

Reactions: Slix

Dicere

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2017
Western Australia
I just broke the tenth commandment. Those were the 'bubblegum iMacs', weren't they? They are gorgeous, and in a line like that it's eye candy.

Can you imagine a library using those as catalogue computers? (sigh)

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
An excellent job! Your ideas and work have certainly paid off.
Food for thought: if you have a FlowerPower iMac (or when you're fortunate enough to obtain one), display it and your Blue Dalmation alongside each other in place of the G4 iMac. Just those two together on that single desk with adequate space between them will allow more than adequate visual appreciation of those two (now rare) models.

I have a boxed 'as new' FlowerPower, and after more than a two year search, at last have a superb condition Blue Dalmation in my sights, and reserved. If the sale is confirmed, I hope by this time next month to provide photos of 'the happy couple' united. (I wonder what unusual colour & pattern any offspring produced would be)..........

Last edited:

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Thanks guys! I'm happy how it turned out too.

An excellent job! Your ideas and work have certainly paid off.
Food for thought: if you have a FlowerPower iMac (or when you're fortunate enough to obtain one), display it and your Blue Dalmation alongside each other in place of the G4 iMac. Just those two together on that single desk with adequate space between them will allow more than adequate visual appreciation of those two (now rare) models.

I have a boxed 'as new' FlowerPower, and after more than a two year search, at last have a superb condition Blue Dalmation in my sights, and reserved. If the sale is confirmed, I hope by this time next month to provide photos of 'the happy couple' united. (I wonder what unusual colour & pattern any offspring produced would be)..........
Currently my Blue Dalmatian and two Snow iMac G3s are on a TV table that fits three pretty well, directly next to the desk, but I like that idea! Only thing is, originally I had measured the smaller portion of the desk and thought, "Oh, I can fit 3 iMac G3s on here no problem!" Except when I got it together, it barely fits with the deepness of the desk, so that's why I put the G4 there. It looked a little too crowded initially. If I ever find a Flower Power (I hope I do!) I can definitely try that set up out. :)

mhunt407

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2017
Bristol, UK
Hey all!

View attachment 690141 View attachment 690142 View attachment 690143 View attachment 690144

This looks awesome! Congrats!

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Amazing, a great homage to what most defines Apple. That iBook poster is pretty sweet too.
Glad you guys like the poster. I actually have an orange iBook poster too on the other side of the room, and a few other Apple posters in between. Sometime when I post my entire room's Mac stuff, you guys can see the cool posters. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.