Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thegrandmaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Valhalla!
Hey guys,

I believe there is a new Dock Connector on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

Are old iPod cables compatible with the new connector, as in can I use the cable from my 5.5G Video and old 1G Nano with the Touch I intend to buy?

Thanks

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
When I had my 5 G I had a dock and a cable and today I got my touch - the touch comes with a dock adapter and the cable is identical.

This is something that has come up before on the forums, next time you should perform a search so as not to create repetitive threads. :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Hey guys,

I believe there is a new Dock Connector on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

Are old iPod cables compatible with the new connector, as in can I use the cable from my 5.5G Video and old 1G Nano with the Touch I intend to buy?

Thanks

yes the new ipod comes with a different connector, this is because you can disconnect the touch without having to eject the ipod!!! This is the coolest thing because if you are in a hurry you can quickly grab the ipod...I haven't tried to use my previous connector... But the new one doesn't have the locks

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
yes the new ipod comes with a different connector, this is because you can disconnect the touch without having to eject the ipod!!! This is the coolest thing because if you are in a hurry you can quickly grab the ipod...I haven't tried to use my previous connector... But the new one doesn't have the locks

Just to clarify, the cable that comes with the iPod is new and does not have locking prongs, but the dock connector itself is exactly the same.

donjuju

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
works

i've tried my ipod touch using previous generation ipod cables and it worked fine , its just bigger and locks .
-don-:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.