Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naumann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone gotten their dual 1 gig ordered from Apple?

I ordered mine on Febuary 2nd, switched to the new one the day it came out and I still haven't gotten my Mac. No word from Apple as to when it will ship either. 20+ days of waiting for a product that they claim to have in stock is outrageous!

sirion

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2002
Same here, though I assumed it was my university bookstore's fault.

They had an ETA of 5-7 days, but Apple hasn't shipped it as of yeterday (8 days after my order).

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Still waiting

Yup, I ordered mine 8 days ago, still no word, but it was a custom (changed Superdrive to Combo). They gave me a time of 5-7 days (business days, I assume), so I won't be getting upset for another couple of days. :(

MacBandit

macrumors 604
I ordered mine the afternoon of the tuesday they announced the new DDR machines that being the 12th. Today I received an email saying.....

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store order xxxxxxxxxxxx. Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship your Z05N, POWER MAC G4 CTO (P58-166MHZ) by the date you were originally quoted. Our goal is to ship your order within the next 10 business days.

Please note that product availability can change rapidly, and it is possible that your order may ship much sooner than we anticipate. You may even receive a shipment confirmation between the time we send this email and the time that you read it.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order and receive a prompt refund by calling us at 1-800-676-2775, extension 56500, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
central time, Monday through Friday, or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. central time, Saturday and Sunday. If we do not hear from you, we will continue processing your order. You will receive an email notification once your order has been shipped.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you. Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store!

Has anyone else received this email?

naumann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I spoke to Apple yesterday and they sais that it was abnormal that I haven't received the computer yet without a notice like you see in the previous post. After they did some research, they called me back and let me know that it was assembled, but since I upgraded some components, it is still in a testing phase.

They apologized profusely and claimed that at this point it was their fault for not having it out the door yet (keep in mind I purchased this on February 2nd). It's okay, though, because they upgraded the shipping to OVERNIGHT! I think it will be here by Monday.

ktlx

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Originally posted by MacBandit
I ordered mine the afternoon of the tuesday they announced the new DDR machines that being the 12th. Today I received an email saying.....

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

Has anyone else received this email?

I got that yesterday too. I called the order desk and the guy told me they were having supply problems and it really would be around ten days or so before I would get mine.

I got lucky. My local CompUSA had one so I bought it.

Overall I have been happy with it. There is no seven pound heat sink in it like some are claiming. It is large but the fan is very slow and the heat sink does get hot!

Jaguar seems a bit rushed to market as little things here and there either lock up or crash but so far I have only had to reboot the machine twice for things other than installing software. Both of those times were frozen disk operations while a disk was asleep. So I turned off spinning down the disks and everything has been fine since then.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Dual Ghz

If you guys are talking about the new DDR ones they are shipping. I got mine two days ago at my parents apple dealer. They are sweet. It has the biggest heat sink i have ever seen. Very pretty though. if anyone has any questions about the powermac email me at jtaylor2d@ipa.net. We have gotten 3 of the dual ghz and the 867. No 1.25 yet. soon though i hope.

iJon

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Yes! It's shipping!

I just got an email from Apple that my Dual Gig has shipped! I'm so excited! Now to figure out how to build a mini network with my G4 450!

MacBandit

macrumors 604
For everyone out there I realize that your local Apple store, CompUSA, etc. has received Dual DDR macs this is not the question as I see it posted. Apple probably has a contract with the retailers to supply them with certain quantities before they can ship to the public.

I believe we're asking about direct orders from Apple.

I would be happy to go down to my local Apple store and buy my new computer I even tried that but they don't offer the educational discount I ordered my new Dual DDR the day they were released with 512mb of ram and a Geforce4MX because I want to wait for the new ATI or Nvidia dew out this winter. My total came to under $2500. So there lies the problem with going and purchasing one locally.

I noticed a couple people mentioned that they ordered there's on the 2nd and earlier dates. How can you order a computer that wasn't announced to the world until the 12th so far in advance? If you're saying you ordered the old dual and it or the new one hasn't arrived yet then that's totally understandable but please explain that don't say I ordered the new dual on the 2nd or on July 12th or some other unrealistic date.

wheeliejack

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
i've received that same email like the one posted above. but they only sent it to me when i inquired about my dual 1Ghz not shipped yet. it is now the eve before it's officially 2weeks i've been waiting, when initially they said they would ship it 5-7days.

and last wednesday i called the apple customer service, some guy there said it would probably ship thursday or friday "definitely". some load of crud that was, seeing as it's now monday, late afternoon, and no sign of even being prepared for shipment.

so i figure i'd call them today again and bug them, although it's probably not any use, im bored anyways, cuz obviously i dont have my new mac. hehehe...

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by wheeliejack
i've received that same email like the one posted above. but they only sent it to me when i inquired about my dual 1Ghz not shipped yet. it is now the eve before it's officially 2weeks i've been waiting, when initially they said they would ship it 5-7days.

and last wednesday i called the apple customer service, some guy there said it would probably ship thursday or friday "definitely". some load of crud that was, seeing as it's now monday, late afternoon, and no sign of even being prepared for shipment.

so i figure i'd call them today again and bug them, although it's probably not any use, im bored anyways, cuz obviously i dont have my new mac. hehehe...

I posted the letter and yes I bugged them on it also but I bugged them 1 week after the order day. I ordered it on the Tuesday of the release and called them on Tuesday the next week then received the letter that week. Saturday I received an email saying it was shipped with a tracking number and everything. Good luck on your order. I hope it ships soon.

I know I wait very impatiently and anxiously for mine can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. :D

wheeliejack

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
macbandit, congrats on your shipment.

i have powermac envy. you're sooo lucky. i want mine, i want mine, i want mine!!

i dont know what the delay is on mine. it could be the customization of it. 2 cd drives, 512MB, and the GeForce4Ti card. but come on, it's got to ship this week. anyone else get a custom mac?

I did call apple yesterday, and they said it has a ship date of september 6th!!! HUH??!! i really it hope it comes sooner than that.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
macbandit, congrats on your shipment.

i have powermac envy. you're sooo lucky. i want mine, i want mine, i want mine!!

i dont know what the delay is on mine. it could be the customization of it. 2 cd drives, 512MB, and the GeForce4Ti card. but come on, it's got to ship this week. anyone else get a custom mac?

I did call apple yesterday, and they said it has a ship date of september 6th!!! HUH??!! i really it hope it comes sooner than that.

Mine was custome order 512MB, and the GF4MX instead of the 9000Pro. I'm waiting for the ATI 9700.

Oh by the way not to rub it in or anything but I tracked the shipping this morning and it says that estimated delivery time is tomorrow. YAY!!!:D :D

Hopefully my extra 512Mb card will be here before the end of the week. I know my 100DVD discs will be here Thursday.

Spike Spiegel

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
Massachusetts
finally

i think apple found found the cure for its mind-numbing slowness, mine just shipped as well. I wonder what the huge delay was and why no one has heard any details.

wheeliejack

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
what, everybodys computer is shipping? and mine hasnt shipped yet... ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

somebody calm me please!!

and macbandit, stop rubbing it in... :mad: :mad: :D :D

w.j.

p.s. - this is the 14,000th post in this forum... :D

nixd2001

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2002
UK
well would you look at that, my new Dual 1GHz was just shipped today.

ok, i'll stop whining now. :D :D

*Still* no news as to when I will even know when to expect my new PMG4 from Apple UK (via my local dealer). Does anyone have any clues why there might have been such unexpected delays? Is this just poor supply arrangements or is there something lurking underneath the surface that Apple aren't letting on about at this stage?

It really isn't fair seeing lots of other people getting their shiny new PMs and poor old me not even knowing when to think about clearing space in the office at home for my new possession. And to think the money left my bank account abouty 10 days ago :mad:

And maybe related (and maybe not), has anyone successfully added additional memory to their new 1GHz PMG4?

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
I ordered one off the apple store UK last friday,

I got a 17" lcd with it, anyone know if this will arrive seperately and sooner or will they ship at the same time? cos when i ordered, the shipping time for the 17" monitor and the filemaker pro 6 was 2-3 days with the custom G4 being 2-3 weeks!! I could use the filemaker now, but they are all on the same order on the order tracker so does anyone know if it'll come sooner?

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.