Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mightee

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
I really dig this feature in Lion where you can create a new folder that automatically includes the items you've selected. I know you can right-click and select the option from the contextual menu, but does anyone know how I can set up a keyboard shortcut for this? I'd like to just hit command-G and make it happen.

(Still trying to find stuff in Lion that I like.)

biver

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
New Folder with Selection Keyboard Shortcut

I know this is pretty old but I figured I'd just post a response anyway.

Select the files you want to put into a folder and hit CMD+CTRL+N

What I want to know is how to do this with ONE file and not require two to be selected.

Good luck.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
What I want to know is how to do this with ONE file and not require two to be selected.
I stumbled onto this quirk a while back myself.

What's odd is that some OSX coder made a cognitive decision (based on god only knows what) that we would never need to do this with a single file.

Lion is full of these renegade anomalies.

philrj

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2010
Syracuse, NY

Good luck.

Who cares if this is old—I just found it and am now rockin' it. Even older now but just made my day. Cheers.

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
another goodies - selecting multiple files, and getting their info w/o opening a bunch of info window... command+option+i

:)

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
New Folder with Selection Keyboard Shortcut

Good luck.
thank you from the future. or the past? i don't know...

sdshannon

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Oakland
I really dig this feature in Lion where you can create a new folder that automatically includes the items you've selected. I know you can right-click and select the option from the contextual menu, but does anyone know how I can set up a keyboard shortcut for this? I'd like to just hit command-G and make it happen.

(Still trying to find stuff in Lion that I like.)
thank you from the future. or the past? i don't know...
Thank you from futures past

Reactions: alexandr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.