Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by pimentoLoaf
Alas, my PC laptop is on it's last legs. Two years ago the right-side hinge popped open, and last week the left side went. Today, the fan's whine is louder than I remember it; I did a bit of vacuuming 'round the port, though it didn't seem to help.

And it's been crashing even more randomly this past month.

With Apple's new dual-pM's (& gorgeous 20" display), I won't blow $1000 on a replacement -- like the Dell Inspiron 2650 w/1.8ghz mobile p4 that I seriously considered when the Dell catalog arrived noontime.

I'll still send an occasional packet from it, but I can't keep it running full time anymore. Slowly (but surely) my 500mhz iBook will provide.

Just smack it.

It works!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I hope they don't assign one of those to my G3/400. It took 7 days for the last 20 point work unit. (It would be nice if the power stayed on too.)

Still, we need the points.

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
yeah i'm on the 4th day of a 20pter...should be done in around 24 hours hopefully...i'd like to get a quick one...just to give me reassurance that i'm doing something..

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by bousozoku
(It would be nice if the power stayed on too.)
tell me about it. gawd, like every 2 weeks here all the pcs go down. no automatic restarts like the macs. :(

i've prob lost a few hundered points to power outages. bane of folding.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by howard
have you seen some of the new work units?...some 70pointers and 50 pointers...sheesh!! a 50 day deadline!!!!
i haven't got one off the 73 pointers yet. wonder what system clears benchmark to fold 'em?

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Yeah, ain't them new things neat? Maybe I should get that Dell after all, just to get through a few of 'em.

What it means, though, is that they're now getting into some real nasty science, stuff that matters. And it'll probably get worse as time goes on.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, I've not been contributing much lately, but I'm going to start up again and I've got a new dual 1.25 to help. Should make a small improvement....:D

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.