Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonharris200

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
London, UK
Was just wondering whether Apple would do another Sunday night ad release... and here it is!

However, I have to say, again, that the latest UK ones are really not that great.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Lol cool I like it xD and there are in their correct colours. I've never seen the uk ads on tv only at the cinemas.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Why does it look like Access is there? There isn't a version of Access for mac..unless the advert is making a unclear reference to running office in windows on a mac and im missing something? :confused:

splacid

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2004
Why does it look like Access is there? There isn't a version of Access for mac..unless the advert is making a unclear reference to running office in windows on a mac and im missing something? :confused:

I think the person in purple is a reference to Entourage, the Mac version of Outlook.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I really dislike the UK ads. Like others have said, it just doesn't feel the same as the US ones.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Entourage completely. :rolleyes:

Probably the best thing you can do with Entourage. I have Office v.X and Entourage is terrible, it crashes all the time - or at least it did until I gave up altogether on it. It used to be that Mail was a bit random at sending Word files, but now that's sorted I rely entirely on it and thankfully can leave Entourage well alone.

I find the ad intriguing. If MS are really as easy to rile as the rumours speculate, then this ad is going to do that - do Apple want MS to drop the MBU and get people using alternatives? Or use Office under Boot Camp, etc.? Interesting strategy. Is it just two powerful companies playing with the minds of consumers? Maybe they acknowledge that they have two different markets and MS are happy for Apple to play the rebellious card because they know they have plenty of conservative people who won't want to touch a Mac for another twenty years.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Microsoft are already pretty commited to relasing Office 2007/8 for mac.

The sole point of this advert is to convey that Macs can do Office too, which is a valid point as it is a common misconseption that thaey can't.

I am experimenting with lots of other office programs at the moment hoping to find the best out there. My computer at home is currently downloading LaTeX, Lyx etc. They look really promising.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
it really surprised me that when the whole US population is heavier than UK's, these apple ads managed to find "pc" and "mac" that are both bigger than US version...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.