Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Trailer #2 became available at 12:00PM and it looks even better than the first one.

But one thing that I noticed and really struck me was near the end, I believe right around the :53 mark the main character (can't remember his name) is on a cell phone that looks something like an iPhone. It is a large candybar phone that seems to have the same basic dimensions of the iPhone. It might just be me though.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
I hope those aren't cutscenes in the game.
If thats even close to the actual gameplay, then this game is going to be HUGE

After the last trailer Rockstar said that it was rendered in real time by an actual console using the engine and everything. Those weren't their exact words but the implication was that the game was actually going to look like that.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I wasn't too impressed with that trailer. In the first the art direction had all the visuals fitting together nicely, this new trailer seems much less consistent and seems to jump back to a visual style seen in previous GTA games. Which is a shame IMO. Since the last trailer had me gawping at the screen :D

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
GTA's were never about stellar graphics....it was all about freedom within the environment.
After watchign the second trailer, I was more enticed to buy the game - it looks like it will be another good "sandbox."

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
GTA never was, infact I can't roll off a sandbox game that did have "ossum" graphics, and I was talking about art direction and consistency ;) . However the graphics do look like they've dropped in quality from the last trailer. Lollipops - it wasn't pre-rendered was it? :rolleyes:

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
okk, my bad, I misconstrued what you meant.
I can understand not liking the art direction....I thought you were talking graphics.

Anywho, opinions vary - cheers! ;)

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
GTA never was, infact I can't roll off a sandbox game that did have "ossum" graphics, and I was talking about art direction and consistency ;) . However the graphics do look like they've dropped in quality from the last trailer. Lollipops - it wasn't pre-rendered was it? :rolleyes:

I'd say crackdown had pretty good graphics, nothing amazing, but pretty good for a sandbox game

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.