Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
They have been delayed, but we don't know why. Hoepfully they're working on a way for them to work fully with an iPhone...

iphonewiz

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
They have been delayed, but we don't know why. Hoepfully they're working on a way for them to work fully with an iPhone...

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Maybe 2.2 upgrade will bring full compatibility. Something is up for sure. I just hope they fit in my budcase

cschulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
iPhone compatibility

I'm guessing that they're either waiting for it to be fully compatible with the iPhone, or there was something wrong with manufacturing them and they're fixing whatever the problem was. The iPhone already has the hardware for it, they just need a software / firmware update. Shouldn't be too difficult to make it work. Oh well... I'll just wait...

In the mean time I'm going to sell my first gen iPhone for $300 and use the money to get a 3G. Hopefully I'll be happy with the 3G. I've heard mixed things about it. Mainly the battery life is terrible.

Matrix86

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
this would be great if it were for the iphone... the ones that come with the phone are pretty crappy....

I just don't want to spend 100+ on new headphones... come on Apple!

ptsube

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
It says it has a mic and remote. It also says that it uses a 4 conductor jack:
Connector
Four-conductor 3.5 mm audio jack

Control your iPod.

The control capsule located on the cable of the right earpiece includes a microphone and three buttons. Here's what you can do with this convenient remote:*
Adjust volume by pressing the + and - buttons.
Control music and video playback — including play/pause and next/previous — by pressing the center button.
Record voice memos on supported iPod models.

It looks like it would work just fine. It uses the same type of jack as the iPhone. It has a mic and play/pause button. The only thing that might not work is the volume. But that goes through the same conductor as the play button, so as long as Apple updated the firmware, or perhaps it's already there, that would work too.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
It says it has a mic and remote. It also says that it uses a 4 conductor jack:
Connector
Four-conductor 3.5 mm audio jack

Control your iPod.

The control capsule located on the cable of the right earpiece includes a microphone and three buttons. Here's what you can do with this convenient remote:*
Adjust volume by pressing the + and - buttons.
Control music and video playback — including play/pause and next/previous — by pressing the center button.
Record voice memos on supported iPod models.

It looks like it would work just fine. It uses the same type of jack as the iPhone. It has a mic and play/pause button. The only thing that might not work is the volume. But that goes through the same conductor as the play button, so as long as Apple updated the firmware, or perhaps it's already there, that would work too.

Very helpful. I most certainly hope the volume works. I'd like to look into this set further before I make any drastic moves on other ear pieces.

I really like the idea of adding volume, that would basically allow me to keep the iPhone in my pocket at all times. Hopefully this is remedied in a firmware update...perhaps they were still working on that and didn't want to announce it at the unveiling?

I for one am looking forward to this set of earphones...whenever they decide to roll them out that is!

ptsube

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Very helpful. I most certainly hope the volume works. I'd like to look into this set further before I make any drastic moves on other ear pieces.

I really like the idea of adding volume, that would basically allow me to keep the iPhone in my pocket at all times. Hopefully this is remedied in a firmware update...perhaps they were still working on that and didn't want to announce it at the unveiling?

I for one am looking forward to this set of earphones...whenever they decide to roll them out that is!

Hopefully they are just making sure all the features work with the upcoming firmware.

A dual driver headset for this price is a pretty good deal.

guyverzero

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2008
Hopefully they are just making sure all the features work with the upcoming firmware.

A dual driver headset for this price is a pretty good deal.

Its only a good deal if Apple decides to put it out before 2015.

Seriously, is it becoming impossible for Apple to make a release date now? Its rediculous, the huge thing said "OCTOBER"....yeah, Octobers come and gone. These things better be worth it, or else I'll feel like I wasted a bunch of time waiting for a crap product when I could have just gotten my Shures.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Its only a good deal if Apple decides to put it out before 2015.

Seriously, is it becoming impossible for Apple to make a release date now? Its rediculous, the huge thing said "OCTOBER"....yeah, Octobers come and gone. These things better be worth it, or else I'll feel like I wasted a bunch of time waiting for a crap product when I could have just gotten my Shures.
agreed....but if it comes to that, do NOT get the se110s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.