Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamtheone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Hi everyone. I'm new here and need some help.

I've reading through past threads trying to figure out how to copy my dvd's. I own teh dvd's and want to make my own back-ups. I'm unsure of the legality so I hope I can ask questions and get answers.

i have a G4 MDD W/ superdrive. I've got Toast 6 titanium and I recently downloaded MTR. I tried using these apps to copy my dvd but it did not work. As I was trying to record in toast I got this "Could not record the disc because there is a problem with source material. Result Code=18774"

I did RIP in MTR with region 1.

Any thoughts

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
This usually means that you are dragging in a VIDEO_TS folder into the Video Tab of Toast. Toast will try and encode the folder. A VIDEO_TS folder is already encoded and should not be re-encoded.

How are you using toast, are you just dragging the file to the DVD or are you trying to "make a using Video_TS"? Also is the the superdirve dual layer or just single?

iamtheone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Thanks Dr.

I don't lnow if the superdrive is singal or dual. How can I find out?

In Toast I dragged the video_ts file into the video section of toast, The DVD-Video is checked as is the NTSC and Creat DVD Menu. I did not fint "make a using video_ts"

3dit3r

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2005
iamtheone said:
Thanks Dr.

I don't lnow if the superdrive is singal or dual. How can I find out?

In Toast I dragged the video_ts file into the video section of toast, The DVD-Video is checked as is the NTSC and Creat DVD Menu. I did not fint "make a using video_ts"

Don't use the Video tab in Toast. If you want your DVD to play with menus that came with the original DVD, use the Data tab. Check the Advanced tab on the left, then check the circle with DVD-ROM (UDF) next to it. Drag your Video_TS folder into the big window. Then burn.

iamtheone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I'm trying that right now. Says not enough space cuz there is 5.5G needed and only 4.4 available. The file states thats its only 4.3 under the get info information.

Should I check the compressed circle?

iamtheone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I think upgrading is the best and only option. I'll do all this when I add more RAM and upgrade to Tiger.,

Thanks all for your help.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
yeah get popcorn at roxio.com. It's $50 and it works great. It will compress down your ripped dvd so that it fits on a single layer DVD. It will still look great. You won't be able to perceive a difference unless you're TV is super fancy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.