Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

louisp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
Hi,

when setting up a focus mode, I sometimes get the option to create and/or choose a specific set of home screen pages to activate, but sometimes not!

For sleep and mindfulness, I've been able to create a new home screen page, but I don't think I've seen it for other focus modes (including customised one).

I really like to create a specific home screen with only some apps visible for some focus mode: anyone knows a way to consistently be able to do that?
I'm wondering if it's related to having the focus mode already set up prior to installing ios16...

I only digged into this with ios16 since the association of lock screen and focus mode made it all of a sudden super useful :)

Thanks for your help
Louis

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I manually set up a new Home Screen first (by drag and dropping the apps I want from the App Library) on a new Home Screen "page". Then I hide that page from my "default" view (e. g. no focus). Next I go to the focus settings within the settings app and enable that Home Screen page I have just created for that focus

Reactions: addamas

louisp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
I manually set up a new Home Screen first (by drag and dropping the apps I want from the App Library) on a new Home Screen "page". Then I hide that page from my "default" view (e. g. no focus). Next I go to the focus settings within the settings app and enable that Home Screen page I have just created for that focus
yeah I didn't really want to go that route, but I didn't find any other solution: thanks for your reply

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.