Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
I have some really fond memories of HTC phones.
So this rumor of new phones from them has me curiously interested.

Images-of-HTCs-rumored-new-phone-surface.webp

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

I had several of the much older ones when they were badged by Imate, think I only had the touch diamond by HTC

Reactions: 5105973 and jamezr

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I really do miss the old Sense software. Ahead of its time. I remember having tiles for News and Social Medial alerts. I had the gold Harmon Carmon edition. Great memories and that was actually right before I switched to iOS almost exclusively for the next 8-9 years aside from trying Android and moving back every time.

Reactions: Bkdodger and jamezr

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I really do miss the old Sense software. Ahead of its time. I remember having tiles for News and Social Medial alerts. I had the gold Harmon Carmon edition. Great memories and that was actually right before I switched to iOS almost exclusively for the next 8-9 years aside from trying Android and moving back every time.
My previous snark aside, my all time favorite Android phone was my HTC One M7. It was far from perfect but UI was great (for a skin), hardware was top notch (aluminum body, very good display, stereo front facing speakers) and HTC was committed to fast OS updates.

That was the longest stretch in my smartphone history that I stuck with an Android phone as my exclusive daily driver, not even owning an iPhone. Think I made it about 9 months. 😂

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I had (and still have red HTC 10) and it was the first and only Android phone I carried as my main phone, putting aside an iPhone in 2016. I did this for a few months. I remember missing Apple News the most. Whatever news reader I had at the time kept giving me horrible tabloid stories. I mean along the lines of “I had alien babies with a hybrid clone of Elvis”.

It had amazing connectivity compared to my iPhone. I ran different launchers on it, with my favorites being a Star Trek one and one that mimicked a Windows phone.

The sound was awesome. It ran hot a lot and finally I got sick of the camera lens lacking an oleo phobic coating. It was always grungy.

And the thing that drove me nuts was the alarm would go off and I couldn’t shut it off. I ended up throwing the phone in a panic to my husband and he tried to turn it off. I was so used to iOS and I failed to swipe it off.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019

Is HTC still around on mobile phones market wow. Here in Australia LG, HTC and Sony almost extint for good. Motorola and other Chinese brands are growing fast and the quality is very good specially Motorola.

Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.