Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
This might have been brought up earlier, but the LaTech University education store (accessed through the apple website) is still selling brand new iBook G4 notebooks. Just thought it was kinda interesting.

joeops57

macrumors member
I used a G4 iBook last year at school. It was very nice. I think it's very cool for universities/colleges to offer up Macs to begin with let alone the cheaper, slightly outdated models. Honestly, the iBooks are sufficient for the majority of today's college students.

~Joe

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
joeops57 said:
I used a G4 iBook last year at school. It was very nice. I think it's very cool for universities/colleges to offer up Macs to begin with let alone the cheaper, slightly outdated models. Honestly, the iBooks are sufficient for the majority of today's college students.

~Joe

My previous laptop was a 12" 1.33GHz iBook G4 and I thought it was a great laptop for college. I agree that the iBook G4 is still adequate for the needs of most college students- but I would still recommend that a buyer looking for a laptop for school go with either a MacBook or a MacBook Pro. :)

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
what I miss about the old ibook's is their size. The 12in version was perfect for those horrible small desk in college.

watchmainspring

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2005
Boston
as long as they are at least 100 dollars below MSRP (2 months ago), it's all good.

University computers at BU does the same thing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.