Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Full backup is required.
I just opened up my iDisk Backup app because I knew a backup was scheduled today, and a box appeared talking about 3 new iDisk plans now available and that a full backup is required.
So, I'm backing up now....

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Full backup is required.
I just opened up my iDisk Backup app because I knew a backup was scheduled today, and a box appeared talking about 3 new iDisk plans now available and that a full backup is required.
So, I'm backing up now....

Apple updated Backup to 3.2 a couple of weeks ago. What version are you running? If you updated to 3.2 you need to run new backups. You should also delete old ones...

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Sorry, no screenshots available. I was on my way out the door to work when it happened this morning.
I am running Backup v3.2 here. The plans mentioned correspond to the three backups I use; one for Documents, one for Personal Data & Settings and one for Pictures. Each "plan" (that's what they were called in the dialog box) needed a full backup, with the option to keep or delete the old "plan".
Maybe I was affected because my regularly scheduled backups were for today, I don't know.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
One of the changes I've noticed so far is the frequency of the backups that are allowed. I used to back up my "plans" quarterly. No more. The only options are manually, daily or weekly. Monthly and quarterly are now greyed out on the menu. :confused:

Screenshot2010-05-19at84028PM.png
[/IMG]

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
This isn't really new "plans" though :(

Oops. Oh, yeah, I see how the term "new" might be taken.
No these are not new plans in the sense that they are feature-laden, all new plans.
These are new plans in the sense that you have to create new iDisk backups and delete the old plans.
Maybe, once all the MM stuff that's going on now settles a bit, the new plans will contain more/better features and stuff.
Sorry to everyone for any wrong info!
Morod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.