Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
FROM MOSR:
The iMac will be updated along with the eMac near the end of the year, or perhaps as late as Macworld San Francisco in January. It will feature processors at up to 1GHz for the high-end 17-inch widescreen iMac - 933MHz for the 15-inch iMac and eMac. Memory busses will probably advance to 133MHz across the board, but remain single-rate. Most systems will migrate to the GeForce 4MX graphics accelerator, minus perhaps the eMac and entry-level iMac which may move to something similar to the ATi RADEON 7500. Faster and cheaper SuperDrives will become available. Surprisingly, it is also rumored that it may now be the iMac that is destined to be the first 800Mbps Firewire-equipped Mac..

Any thoughts??

el_aarono

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2002
USA
cool, but sounds like they are just predicting that hardware will continue to improve. Anyone can make that prediction. :eek:

el_aarono

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
Re: new imac

Originally posted by beez7777
FROM MOSR:
...perhaps ... probably ... perhaps ... may ...
It's like they can see the future

... through really blurry glasses

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
yeah i was never much of a MOSR fan, just found it almost interesting, nothing special just thought id show everyone

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
MOSR is just a lot of wishful thinking. They're not even bookmarked under my "Rumors" section :p

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I started off on MacOSRumors, but I've since unceremoniously ditched them for good old MacRumors. It seems like quite a lot of people here have done the same. Maybe it's because they've been degrading in the quality and the quantity of their "news" updates?

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
Correct.

Who wants to wait for up to a week between updates, only to be given a prediction, with no credibility to it, that you could have easily made yourself? :rolleyes:
On the other hand, you can come on here, and spend hours every day talking and reading about the things we all love most.:) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.