Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onyxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2001
take a look at this mock up of what most people are begining to think the new iMacs will look like.

http://www.go2mac.com/images/iMac2001/imac2001_prototype.jpg

I don't know about you but there is no way im putting one of those on my desk. Does anyone else think that these new imacs are about as un-mac-like as you can get? it looks just like an ibm machine that came out a few years ago. The first iMacs were a revolutionary design. These seem to be more or less a rehash of win-clone technology. But hey its just a rumor (i hope).

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
No way

I do not think that is what apple has in mind!!!

A little inside scoop from a local apple reseller!

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Not going to happen

Apple still needs to have a low-end Computer on their line up. And the iMac is it. If they go the direction that some of these rumors sites and moc photos are thinking.. they would be way too expensive. I think apple will up the procesor speeds, put in a flat CRT screen (LCD would make it too expensive right now), and More out of the box memory options for the Higher end iMac's. I expect a new inovative case for it due to the fact that it hasn't been sigifiganly updated since I got mine (Rev A. Boni Blue) The iBook and Power book models have had sigifigant upgrades. So what's left? The mini towers and the iMac. The Cube is probably going to be cut.

-evildead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.