Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beachlover516

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2021
New incoming emails from a Gmail address not showing in native iOS email app. On 2 iPads and an iPhone the newest emails are not showing. If you search for them, they will show up but they don’t automatically populate. I deleted the account yesterday and then added it back and the new ones initially showed up but then it stopped working again. The Gmail app and the web interface are working fine. Also, the native mail app on a Mac is also working fine. I have plenty of storage available. This is only happening with one Gmail email address. I have another Gmail address that is working fine.

I don’t know if the iOS native email app has a maximum number of emails that are allowed that might be causing this issue as this email address has a very large amount of emails.

Also, I noticed that the new emails are not populating into the inbox. They do show up in ALL MAIL. And none of these emails have been archived.

Also, one of my iPads that I did not delete the account from and add it back, did have emails just populate at some random point. When I checked last night, the inbox was only showing through a few days ago, then this morning it was current and then later on at some point in the day, it stopped again.

gecko579

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
Chapel Hill
I had this behavior intermittently on iOS’s from 13 on and wound up only using the Gmail app. FWIW I have found the Gmail app to be very stable and better (and faster) at searching.

Beachlover516

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2021
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.