Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
So I saw the udpate in apptapp for my touch and told it to update it. It did and then the Touch crashed (black screen). Now when I turn it on I get the Itunes logo and the connector image (recovery mode). ITunes sees it and says it is in recovery mode. . but, when I try and recover it, after going thru the motions it says it can't be recovered with a variety of fail codes (last one 9).

Any ideas? Help!

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
So I saw the udpate in apptapp for my touch and told it to update it. It did and then the Touch crashed (black screen). Now when I turn it on I get the Itunes logo and the connector image (recovery mode). ITunes sees it and says it is in recovery mode. . but, when I try and recover it, after going thru the motions it says it can't be recovered with a variety of fail codes (last one 9).

Any ideas? Help!

Just keep trying to restore through iPod. It might take a few tries but it will eventually work.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Listen to solyd.

I tried to jb my wifes touch this morning. I did mine two day ago. Nothing. Had to restore. Took two tries to restore. Back to normal in 20 minutes.

Downloaded ijailbreak.3 again. Success. She is a happy person now. She can play games.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Just keep trying to restore through iPod. It might take a few tries but it will eventually work.

Thanks! After about five different attempts (each with a different error code?) it worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.