Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I just got a 32-3G ... Loving it so far...but

It's taking too long to charge. Is it my unit or is that how it is?
It took 5 hours on charge to get from 32% to 92% ...

Also, what's up with the magazine prices? I know it's not an iPad hardware specific question but...... Just for the PDF version of magazines ? Come ooonn...

And finally Att data cap. I just signed up for unlimited this morning. But the selling point was the fact that I could cancel anytime I wanted. Now if i cancel I will lose unlimited option.

Am I the only one who thinks just because apple customers pay premium, they think they can Finger us with a big grin ? I pay premium because of the quality and how It makes me feel at the end. Not so that I can feel like an idiot ....

Even with all that, I certainly enjoy my new toy.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
It does charge extremely slowly if you are using the iPad while it is plugged in. That has been my experience anyway.

If it is sleeping and you are charing it with the 10W adapter that came with it, it should get to 80-90% much faster than that.

VTMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
On the charging issue, make sure you're using the included charger and not trying to charge via USB port. That will take an eternity. And as the OP said, if you use the iPad while charging that will likewise really slow charging down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.