Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcarvin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Southern NJ
I got this notification on my phone, Mac mini and iPad about 20 minutes ago while doing a crossword on my Mac. My phone was sitting unused on my desk in front of me.

I don’t see any new devices listed in Settings > iCloud. I don't know if there are any logs which would give insight as to what might trigger this notification. I have not entered my Apple ID password, not have I gotten any 2FA pings about authorizing account access.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Edit - mods, I couldn’t figure out if this should go into an iCloud or iOS forum. Please LMK if this needs to move.

PatrixUSA

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2023
interesting... i can give no insight as to why you would get this notification if you didn't actually add a new device... i guess it's good that you don't see any new unrecognized devices listed as connected to your apple id / iCloud account in settings... but given you've added no new device this is a strange and suspicious notification to get for sure... this would warrant a visit to an apple store for me, or a call to apple to confirm everything. good luck

Reactions: mcarvin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.