Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renovatio77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2021
Hi,
Long story short I passed my iPhone to my wife and she set it up transferring data from her previous iPhone to the "new" one. Everything went on smoothly but when the phone was finishing the setup, loading up the apps (when their icons pass from being a shadow to full color), she saw a new pop-up from the iOS system and passed the phone to me to give it a check and see if in my opinion it was ok to press "agree", it was about movies and music but I started reading while the phone was in her hands and in the passage between us I accidentally pressed "agree" or anyway confirmed.
It was a bit long message, blu on white and she also recall being a system message and I'm sure was about movies and music, probably something related to the data transfer, and I was quite ok with it but I would like to be really sure that it was actually a basic harmless setting to approve.

In the doubt we eraset all data and reset the "new phone" and re-run the whole process but this time we didn't get any pop-up like that, not during and not after the transfer. My doubt remains :D

I checked different guides and videos online but I didn't see anyone showing something like that post data transfer.
Does anyone have any idea about that?

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.